B1.2 - Intermediate Italian
Standard Italian language course
B1.2 - Overview/course content and outcome:
This course covers topics such as: Italian regions and their differences, Italian cities, some aspects of Italian contemporary culture and society. Different grammar topics are covered during the course, through the use of inductive grammar.
By the end of the course you will be able to express and justify your opinion using accurate pronunciation, understand oral and written texts on specific topics, write and summarize texts using the language accurately, express hope, wishes, unrealized wishes, ask for help, complain, describe events in the past, future and conditional tense.
This course is designed for those who completed level B1.1 or equivalent.
Classes will work on the four abilities speaking, listening, reading and writing.
A communicative approach is used. Students engage in interactive language activities, participating in group and pair work. Students will also be offered guidance in self-study and homework tasks.
Target audience: Suitable for students who have reached an intermediate level of study.
Material required: M. Balì, L. Ziglio, Nuovo Espresso 3, Alma (2015) ISBN 978-8861823396
Students are expected to purchase their own textbook. An exercise book may also be recommended. The teacher will supply additional material, both tailor-made and taken from other sources (textbooks, newspapers and new media).
Duration: 8 weeks, 2 hours weekly
- Pronomi possessivi vs aggettivi possessivi
- Condizionale passato
- Ci e Ne
- Original Istituto Italiano di Cultura cloth bag
- Access to a computer or ipad/tablet
The Refund Policy of the Istituto Italiano di Cultura Melbourne specifies that:
Any student who has paid for a course and who withdraws before the beginning of the course will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid less $50 administrative fee.
In case of class cancellation by the IIC Melbourne, students may request a transfer to another class or a full refund of fees paid. Fees will be refunded in full if a course is cancelled by IIC due to an insufficient number of students.
Terms and Conditions
1. Fees must be paid in full upon enrolment and are payable in advance before the beginning of the block.
2. Enrolment is not confirmed unless payment is made in full.
3. Before enrolling, students are advised to consider carefully their circumstances and personal commitments (such as family, employment, and health) as
- no cancellation or refund will be possible after the specified deadline unless the course is cancelled by the IIC Melbourne
- no partial refund can be given for classes not attended
4. Any student who has paid for a course and who withdraws before the beginning of the course will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid less $50 administrative fee.
5. In case of class cancellation by the IIC Melbourne, students may request a transfer to another class or a full refund of fees paid. Fees will be refunded in full if a course is cancelled by IIC due to an insufficient number of students.
6. Students are required to purchase the recommended textbook for their course. They may choose to buy the book through the Istituto Italiano di Cultura or independently.
7. Fees do not include textbooks unless otherwise specified. Where specified, expenditure on textbooks cannot be refunded once books have been collected by the student.
8. Students may request a transfer to another class. Please note that transfers can only occur if there is a vacancy in the new class.
9. Enrolments in our courses are not transferable to another person.
DISCLAIMER PERSONAL DATA
Information on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing (usage) of personal data (General Data Protection Regulation (UE) 2016/679, art. 13). The processing of personal data requested when registering as a user with the IIC Melbourne will be based on the principles of lawfulness, fairness and transparency to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals. The holder of the usage is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) of the Italian Republic which operates, in this specific case, through the IIC Melbourne. The processing of data, carried out by personnel specifically appointed by the IIC Melbourne, will be carried out in both an automated and manual manner. The data provided by the interested party during registration will be processed only by the owner and will not be sent to third parties.